WhatsApp Pay has finally been given regulatory approval by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), according to a report by Business Standard. The approval comes after nearly two years of WhatsApp holding an invitation-only trial run for the in-app payments service in India, and follows the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s approval for the app that was reportedly issued recently.
- Go to WhatsApp Settings and tap on the Payments option.
- Select the Add New Account option present inside the Bank Accounts header.
- Now tap on Accept and continue after reading all the terms and conditions.
- Select the Verify option via SMS and follow all the prompts to send an SMS for starting the UPI linking process.
- On the next tab, choose the bank account which would like to add for using WhatsApp payments feature.
- If your account (or multiple accounts) has been linked with the registered WhatsApp number from which you just sent the SMS, the ‘UPI Setup Complete’ text will be then be displayed on your screen.