Hey, folks, WordPress is the big player in the world of CMS websites. A famous website with high traffic are using the WordPress platform, one of the main reason to stand in the first position is PHP technology. Yes, PHP is used to code the WordPress CMS and Mysql is used to store the data of the website including posts and pages, which can be displayed by fetching data from the Mysql database to the website frontend by using Php coding which is preformatted in the WordPress installation package. Now let’s learn how to Change the WordPress Website Domain Name.
How WordPress Installed on Hosting (Highlights)
- First, you have to Buy hosting and domain, after completing basic setup of setting Hosting. You can install WordPress on root domain or Addon domain.
- For root domain: Go to Application or WordPress installation option which is available in your Cpanel dashboard.
- And follow the basic and simple step to install your WordPress with root domain.
- For Addon Domain: Go to Application or WordPress installation option which is available in your Cpanel dashboard.
- Now you will have a drop down option with a number of domain connected to your hosting account using Addon option.
- Select your desired domain name and follow the same steps as you do in the above method.
Note: Always do install your WordPress set up in the root folder of your domain. for example, nagpurtime.com is the correct way, but nagpurtime.com/external-link/ is the wrong way.
What if you want to change your old domain to a new domain for the WordPress website!
To Change the WordPress Domain Name for the Primary Domain
- Log in to your WordPress control panel (http://examplecom/wp-admin, where example.com is your domain name).
- Click Settings, and then click General.
- In the WordPress address (URL) and Site address (URL) fields, enter the new domain name or URL you want to use, and then click Save Changes.
- Change your hosting account’s primary hosted domain name to the new domain you want to use. For more information, see Change your account’s domain.
- Return to your site and log in to your WordPress control panel , where example.com is your domain name).
- Click Settings, and then click Permalinks.
- Reset your WordPress site’s permalinks. For more information, see Fixing Permalink Issues with WordPress.
Note: Changing the domain name will make your website unavailable for 24 hours, so please think before doing this or you can perform this activity on the off days when your website is having less traffic.
This tutorial may nail down your thirst for changing your primary domain of WordPress website to a new domain, hope you will share How to Change WordPress Website Domain Name with your developer friends.